Monday, February 04, 2008

British Quilters List (BQL) and my January bag



A week ago I joined a new online group called BQL, British Quilters List as a way to exchange with quilters more local to me than the french I follow on the net.




I really enjoy it so far, although I am not sure I will be able to read all the messages everyday.


Anyway they have a challenge for 2008 : to make a bag every month, and help reduce the number of plastic bags given out in shops.



I have made my January bag, and here are the photos. The idea is to copy a plastic supermarket bag in the shape and design. The method is protected in this case, but not the idea so you can always try it yourself.
There is a front pocket to fold the bag into. It does work but is a bit bulky as my bag in lined with good cotton fabric.
I haven't used it yet, I think I don't want to damage it, but I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love this idea for sewing a bag! I really don't know if i would be able to do so without a pattern??