Thursday, December 06, 2007

My fabric Christmas Tree



This is a tree we made with the help of John, dear husband of Frances, in our quilt group.


We had to cut multiple pieces of cardboard, as all the inside pieces are doubled with a padded part, including the inside of the box.




The tree is resting on a base, that can be glued on, although I haven't done it yet.

The little pyramid holds the box closed.


Inside there is a smaller box for the sweets I need to buy.




The last option is to put some little bells or anything that makes a noise, as an alarm for the sweets I suppose.

I enjoyed this project, and I am sure we will have a lot of pleasure in using it every year around Christmas.

2 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

That little Christmas tree box is very cool!

kwilta said...

Yes Pascale - I too was fascinated by it. (christmas tree box)Also enjoyed your piece on the shopping around the Montmartre. Each time we go to Paris we visit that area - wonder why? lol.Irene vernon BQL.