Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sewing roll

On Wednesday we had our Christmas buffet in our patchwork group, Golden Lion Quilters.
The "festivities" are kept simple and include a raffle, where we all get a piece of fabric, and we exchange a secret present. They are all put in a bag and we pick one.

This is what I made, and Yvonne picked it up, as well as a tin box for buttons.

 I made a sewing roll and you can find the patttern here, on All People Quilt's website. The paper is on the left side of the photo.

 I didn't have time to add the embroidery or the flowers in fabric. I kept the design simple.
I was hoping to add some ribbon but found nothing suitable in my little stock.

 There are 4 pockets, 3 small and one bigger, and I added a needle holder piece.
You can see that the bigger pocket could easily be embellished.


And as its name indicates, you can roll it up to carry your sewing necessities.
The pattern was so easy that I am considering making another one for myself, using different fabrics. We'll see.

Enjoy your sewing, maybe you are finishing some Christmas present.

Pascale.

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

What a great idea!