Thursday, December 13, 2012

Easy Street part 3

I'm still keeping up with our Mystery Quilt on Bonnie Hunter's blog. I have done part 3, finished it yesterday Wednesday in fact, and waiting for our next clue tomorrow Friday.
Here are some photos:
 We had to make 64 blocks so there was a lot of cutting triangles, and 2" squares.

 Here's half of my block. I particularly liked Bonnie's method to make these. It worked very well.

2 of the finished blocks

4 of them with different fabrics

And here are the 64 finished blocks.
I really wonder what this quilt will look like. We haven't used the green yet.
The amount of work involved is supposed to diminish around Christmas, not that I will be able to sew then.

This afternoon I spent a few hours with 2 good friends, pulling on the needle, with coffee and cakes. Such a wonderful time, but too short of course.
Enjoy your sewing.

Pascale.

5 comments:

Kathaleeny said...

Your blocks look very neat. Can't wait to start using green.

Mary said...

It is so interesting to see everyone's fabrics, how different the same block can look.

Tami C said...

I used Bonnie's method of making these blocks as well and it was so easy. I had always been afraid of triangles before she introduced me to her way! Your blocks are looking great! Can't wait for tomorrow :-)

Julierose said...

Hi Pascale! I just found your site;
I am also going to try the "Easy Street" quilt--this will be my first Mystery Quilt experience. I am not so fast as you--I am still cutting for Part One--Christmas prep has slowed me down...but shopping done. I will now get going!! Julierose

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Looking good. I'm off to see Bonnie's triangles method, I've been putting off a quilt with a similar block as I don't like their method