Friday, January 22, 2010

Iris wallhanging for my Mum



Now for something I have made, and am proud about: my Mum's Birthday present. She was born before Christmas, and as we go back to Paris around that time, she gets a second cake, with the candles, presents and family. She deserves it.

This year I wanted to give her something I made, and used the pattern I bought some time ago (ok a few years...but I knew who to use it for). It is "Iris" by Gail Lawther, and is a stained glass patchwork pattern. Go down on the web page about 2/3 of the way to find it.

Now I can promise that the wallhanging is straight. It's just that it was folded when travelling.

I used this opportunity to practise my free motion quilting on the feathers in the borders. It doesn't look too bad on the photo.
I regret that I didn't have time to buy a bar to hang it on the wall. This being Christmas time I was pretty busy. I hope that she has found the time to hang it properly. I'll see in February when I'll be going on my own to my god-daughter's first communion.

I enjoyed this pattern, the second I've made by Gail Lawther.

Now back to this UFO list, to shorten it, and then I need to make something for my DH's Birthday.

3 comments:

Kandy Newton said...

Mmm, it looks lovely. I'm sure your Mama loves it, I know my Mother would - she adores Iris flowers.

Mrs. Mike said...

My girls and I are starting our first wall hung quilt- covering an unsightly electrical box!
Lovely work, Pascale!

Katherine said...

This is lovely, well done. The iris is one of my favorite flowers. Wishing you happiness, Katherine