Wednesday, June 03, 2009

White hat



We have been on holidays, sorry for the gap in the posts.


As with all holidays, there was much preparation (cancel the milk, cut the grass...), much stress on the journey, what with crossing the Channel, but everything went well at the end. We attended a wedding in the Champagne area, guess what we drank ! and then had a few relaxing days.


Now back home, the fridge is full, and I have a few projects to finish.



The first one, started and finished on holidays, was this little white cotton hat.

With the time, and the sun, I have more and more freckles, so wanted something to protect my face. But I must say that I have a big head, so hats in shops never fit.

Nevermind I decided to make one, and it was easy.



The explanations came in the magazine Marie Claire Idees, summer number, published only in french. I went to a lovely shop in France where the owner recomended the thread. She insisted that there must be some rigidity in the finished product. I bought a crochet hook, and checked after every row that my head could fit. I made one mistake, which meant I added one more stitch per row, but it's OK. Just slightly too big at the bottom.
Oh and you get to see my face, with the little wrinkles that have appeared around my eyes, must be too much laughing...
I know that this hat is not high fashion, but I can wear it in the garden, to read a book outside, etc...and as the weather has been quite nice recently, it is pretty useful.
Enjoy the summer if you have it.

1 comment:

flom said...

il est super ton chapeau, ravie de voir ta frimousse !!!!!!
bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
flo