Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Malvern autumn show

On Saturday I was very lucky to be able to go to the Malvern Autumn Show (I wanted to go Friday but too busy with Halloween and a bag to finish, that will figure here soon).


I took my camera and am happy to share with you all the treasures I have seen. And this time I even have the names of the authors of owners for antique quilts (yes there were antiques, how lucky ).













This is an old quilt called "Old Strippy" and owned by Joan Nuttall, from Chipping Norton, Oxon. She didn't know the origin of this quilt.Just look at the handy work below.



























This quilt was made by Pam and Nicky Lintott, from Dorking Surrey, who own the shop "The Quilt Room" to illustrate the book Jelly Roll Quilts. It is called Pandora's Box.































And another one made by the same for the book, it is called "Garden Trellis". The fabric is from Garden Design by Moda.










Another one in the same series, they called it "Bars of Gold" but this pattern is sometimes called Stacked Coins or Chinese Coins. So simple but so effective.

This quilt is called "Williamsburg (2)" and was made in 2008 by Lee Brown from Tunbridge Wells, Kent, from the name of the collection of fabrics by Windham.

I liked the idea of keeping the fabric. It is sometimes difficult to cut a piece you love.

I have more photos but feel this post is long enough, so will publish the rest later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across this site by chance. I notice that you have three of my quilts on your blog--of mine without my permission which I would have gladly given if i had met you!. The second one is not petals paint and pieces by claire and jane, it is in fact,
Midsummer melody by jane rollason

Pascale said...

Dear Jane Rollason,
I have no way of contacting you on the web, and so have deleted the photos of your quilts. I didn't want to offend you in any way, or copy your work at all. This was just admiration and my way of expressing it.
Pascale.