Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chloe's quilt







This is my daughter's quilt. Very beautiful, very big, it took me a long time to make.


All the blocks are on point, with corner and side triangles.




I didn't follow a pattern, just made the blocks one by one, I had to draw them to size most of the time, and they are all different.






My daughter had told me she wanted it blue, but by the time I had finished it she wanted her bedroom painted in pink. We changed the color of the wall, but not the quilt. She is still very proud of her quilt.



I have put a photo of the work in progress, spread on a double bed, to give you a better idea of the size, as we took the other photos in the garden when the weather was still nice, and the light good.


There are some stars and some japanese folded patchwork.


The centre was bigger than planned and I had to change my
sashing. That's why it is a single sashing around the centre block, and triple around the other blocks. That way it worked, and it's even more original !









Some baskets...















Som hawaian applique, all turned under by hand.



Some bow tie blocks making a secondary pattern, some tumbling blocks.


And a round block.

I will stop here as I have trouble inserting more photos, ... if you really miss the others, send me a message and I will include them in a new post.

I hope you enjoyed this post and will feel encouraged to try a new project, search for different blocks, and challenges.

I have certainly learnt a lot trying to overcome some difficulties, and when I look at it I really feel it was worth the effort.

Oh, and it was all quilted by myself on my sewing machine, with some free machine quilting that doesn't show on the photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful quilt, very professional. I know this was a lot of work!!!