Sunday, May 04, 2014

A new bag, very french...

First I must precise, if you are still following my blog, that everything is fine. I just got busy with life and not much time for blogging. I believe I need to find a way to quickly upload photos, as this slows the process of publishing by quite a lot.

So now I will try to resume where I left and show you what I am doing that is textile related. I didn't stop making things, but not as many as I was hoping.

My husband sent me this link to some knitted food if you want to have a look : http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/04/low-in-calories-high-in-wool-knitted-comfort-food-by-jessica-dance/
I don't want to copy their photo without permission so you will have to follow the link.

I will not  stay on the theme of knitting, as I am working on things and they are not finished. But I can show you some things I made.
For today I'll show you this bag I love.

This is printed linen, bought in Northern France while we were on holidays there.
I had the leather handles in my stash. Love them.

The pattern comes from a book by Liberty "The Liberty Book of Home Sewing" (you can look inside at some pages on Amazon, but look around to find a good price if you want to buy the book...no affiliation...), which has lots of wonderful projects. THey have published another book, and I'm waiting to find it at a reduced price to get it. The projects are not too complicated.


Inside the bag I added a pocket. You never have too many pockets.
The lining fabric is from Ikea, but I don't know if they still sell it.
THere is some interlining ironed onto the fabric to give it a better shape.

This week end is longer in England as Monday is a Bank Holiday (first Monday in May in this country, where in France the day off is always the 1st of May).
Enjoy your sewing, and the nice weather if you have it.

Pascale.

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lovely to know you are still creating! I take photos on my phone and blog from there, i use theblogger app, but i don't add labels through blogger, and sometimes the photos are too big, so every so often i go and sort them out on the pc. Your bag is lovely, super fabric, and the handles give a really professional finish