Friday, January 14, 2011

More postcards

This year I have put my name down for a Birthday Swap with BQL postcard group. There are about 15 or 16 of us, and we have to send a postcard to each person for their birthday.
The first one in January was Lois, and she liked cats and flowers; I made her a cat card, first time for me. I appliqued some pink felt on a background made with 3 green fabrics, and added a ribbon on the neck of the green eyed cat.

There are 2 more birthdays in January, and I prepared one card already, but I find it very difficult to photograph.


The colours are not true. The pink is more intense, and the dark blue is not black.

I find that this swap gives me the opportunity to try new techniques, like free machine embroidery on this one. I first tried with a white thread, but it didn't come out much. I then added a dark thread and it has much more impact. Lesson learnt. I then cut the fabric around the flower designs.
You can now expect a few more cards along this year.

1 comment:

essay said...

very beautiful!