Friday, January 07, 2011

Bag kits

For Christmas again, we prepared some sewing kits to make a bag. We made 2 and it took me some time to get all the parts together and to cut some of the fabric to the right size.
We, that is DD3 and myself, chose a bag project, so that it wouldn't be too complicated for beginners. At least I hope it won't be.
The 2 nieces are nearly 10 and 8, have never made something like this, and hopefully won't be put off sewing for life by this project.
I thought about it when I saw similar kits sold for £10 in shops, with some very basic supplies. I knew I could do better, but it does take time to get everything together.
I took some photos of the bags, which don't show much.


Everything was included, even the wadding.

The project was from a Tilda book which I happen to have in French. I copied the pages and put them inside, with some of my instructions as well. Book "La maison de Tilda" or "Sew Pretty Homestyle". The book also includes the needle holder shown in the previous post.

Now I just have to wait for the emails from the mums to ask for help.. or maybe not.

1 comment:

loulee said...

Tildas instructions are usually pretty easy to follow, I'm sure they will be just fine. And very proud to have made something for themselves. :-)