Saturday, March 20, 2010

Quilts 1700-2010 exhibition at the V&A London.

So back to Wednesday, when I was able to attend the exhibition on the preview afternoon for us bloggers.

I went by car with my friend Katherine who offered to accompany me, even though she wasn't allowed in the Quilts exhibit. She had a lovely time wandering around some parts of the Museum. I must say that it is huge, and well worth a return visit. You can have a look yourself on their website : Victoria and Albert Museum.

First here is the front of the Museum, on Cromwell Road, London :


Now check the courtyard, there is a cafe in the corner, and there can be some sun sometimes, like on my photos.


I have taken lots of photos, about 70, but not using a flash and zooming on details means that some of them are out of focus (floues en francais). But there is hope. First there are all those photos you can find here :

http://www.rexfeatures.com/live/2010/03/17/quilts_1700-2010_exhibition,_victoria_+_albert_museum,_london

And then I seem to be allowed access to the official photos.

What I would like to do is put more information on the pieces I saw. I bought the book from the exhibit and will use it to make some research. It will be interesting for me and I hope for you as well.

Now I just need to find the time ...

I'm adding this link to a blog with a very interesting article on the exhibit, have a look yourself :

http://thedyershand.blogspot.com/2010/03/quilts-1700-2010-at-v-part-one.html


3 comments:

Gill said...

hi pascale
i would love to go to this exhibition - i hope you're going to tell us more about it!!
actually i was in london last week but at the imperial war museum with a group of school children!!!
gill

Mrs. Mike said...

A feast for your eyes, I'm sure!

Glad you are home safe and had a wonderful time.

Sandra Henderson said...

Thank you for taking the time to post this! May I make a post on my blog to refer those interested here to see? I had mentioned this exhibit not long ago also. It's incredible! I do think that the museum is a bit overwhelmed at the response. Surely they had a clue? or did they? I think perhaps they underestimated the intrigue and interest in quilting that is worldwide...
Sandra