Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Brithday fabric cards

This year I have put my name down to take part in a birthday swap, with fabric postcards of course. So you will see them appear regularly on this blog.
I can try different techniques each time, and I always keep a spare one as a memento.


We had 2 birthdays to celebrate in January, and they received this card below.
It's all free motion quilting around the paper shape of the cup I drew. And then writing free motion as well.


This card with the cup full was my first attempt. The fabric was pulled by the stitching and is all wrinkly as a result. I need to work on this, so kept the card at home.

I am still working on my quilt from the Bonnie Hunter Mystery "Easy Street", slowly making progress.
I am also preparing a little workshop for my quilting group, more to come later.

We had some snow for a week until last Saturday, so lots of things were cancelled, sewing included. England is never really ready for snow, roads get jammed, airports shut down, it's mayhem.
We also have some builders, decorators and other tradesmen working to repair some water damage that happened in the house in July. It took that long for the insurance to authorise the repairs, and it was a minor leak, but with big impact. I can't imagine what it would be like to have some real flooding.
It will be great when I can have the house for myself again, but then the girls want new curtains, cushions, etc...We will see.

Enjoy your sewing.

Pascale.

No comments: