Friday, September 21, 2012

A bag for my bags

I needed something to sort all the plastic bags from the supermarket. we reuse them for shopping, as bin liners, or to carry shoes, etc.. and they were lost in the middle of bigger bags. I did a purge at the same time as I started using this one.

 I wanted a little embellishment so printed the letters, reversed on interfacing which was then ironed on the wrong side of my flowery blue fabric. I used a zigzag stitch to secure everything.

 The design is pretty simple, it's a rectangle with seams turned under at the top and bottom. You chose the size that you would like.


 I ZigZaged over the elastic and that was a mistake, because it's not tight enough. You don't want the bags to fall out. It would be better to make a channel and pass the elastic in that. You could tighten it more.

And finally I chose to not make a loop at the top. I wanted to be able to knot my bag to something.
It is now in use, hidden in a cupboard.

At home we are having some dryers for the walls, following some flooding from the bathroom upstairs. They are really noisy and we have to leave them on as much as possible during the next 2 weeks; there are 8 big machines all together. Luckily I'm going for a walk with friends this afternoon, a welcome break.


Enjoy your sewing.



Pascale.

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lovethe bag bag, I made one years ago, so useful, but yours is much prettier! Hope the noise from the machines doesn't drive you mad!