Thursday, April 07, 2011

Japanese folded purses

A new little project.
We made these in our patchwork group, The Golden Lions, in Swindon, Wiltshire, England. The pattern is not mine, in fact I don't know where the lady found it. So I don't know if it is protected and can't give a reference. That's why I will just show you the photos of my project.
 Maybe I can still tell you that you start with 2 squares of fabric, sew them together and turn them right side out. Slip stitch the opening closed. Then it's a question of folding and sewing by hand.
It's a very enjoyable little project, although I find that it is difficult to guess the finished size from the beginning squares.
Maybe I could try with a rectangle, or an hexagon ! with paper first then on fabric. That would be fun.

So thanks for reading me, and if you know the source of this pattern and could drop me a line, I would be very grateful.

Pascale.

2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

That's a really sweet purse. How does it close? I love the owl fabric too!

Anonymous said...

Bonsoir, I'd love to make this but can't fathom how to fold it...any links or suggestions would be good,

SP