Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September Calendar

And here we go again with my square for September in the British Quilters List Challenge for 2009.



This is a small interpretation of Log Cabin. The logs are cut at 3/4" and end up at ...oups ! 3/8" instead of 1/4". at the end my block measured 13 1/2" so had grown 1". But then when it is on the wall by itself nobody will notice.






I made my 16 log cabin squares and played with possible designs. Here are a few photos.






































































I chose the last design, partly because I had never done it.





And here it is pieced together.














And I wondered how to quilt it.
I opted for some kind of leaves, accentuating the diagonal lines. There are 3 in 2 corners of each little square.

They look almost like butterflies, or hearts.




No comments: