While I was waiting for the end of the poll, I have been busy on a new block for my Atelier Rouge wallhanging. I kept with the theme of the houses from around the world, and designed a tipee, aided by my daughters ideas.
I used the technique of reverse paper applique to get the point of the tent perfect.
I embroidered the sticks at the top and the bits of wood holding the bottom.
Then I started adding some of the sashing around my blocks, to have a better idea of the finished effect, and to calculate the size of the missing ones. It is so easy to get confused with seam allowances.
I feel closer to the end of the project.
I started the next block, but it is not finished and might have to wait.
It was stopped by my log cabin needing some work done before wednesday. I have pieced the blocks together, and am thinking about the fabric for a border.