Monday, March 10, 2008

Red tipee



While I was waiting for the end of the poll, I have been busy on a new block for my Atelier Rouge wallhanging. I kept with the theme of the houses from around the world, and designed a tipee, aided by my daughters ideas.

I used the technique of reverse paper applique to get the point of the tent perfect.
I embroidered the sticks at the top and the bits of wood holding the bottom.
Then I started adding some of the sashing around my blocks, to have a better idea of the finished effect, and to calculate the size of the missing ones. It is so easy to get confused with seam allowances.
I feel closer to the end of the project.
I started the next block, but it is not finished and might have to wait.
It was stopped by my log cabin needing some work done before wednesday. I have pieced the blocks together, and am thinking about the fabric for a border.

7 comments:

flom369 said...

superbe, Pascale a toujours de merveilleuses idées!!!!!!
bravo
bizzzzzzz
flo
http://mes-petites-lubies.over-blog.com/

zaza said...

Ton atelier rouge avance bien et est superbe. bises ,zaza.

Brikebrok said...

This is lovely !!!

pASCALE said...

ca avance bien ! super mignon. Bon courage pour la suite !

calamitykim said...

wow! I really love that! I can't wait to see it finished!

Ivory Spring said...

That is simply too cute!!! I just stumbled across your blog, and have definitely enjoyed it. Do you mind if I added you to my blogroll?

Ivory Spring said...

Hello Pascale,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the kind comment. Thanks also for letting me add you on my blogroll.

I would be more than happy to send you a copy of the magazine when I get the extra copies over here. Just email me your mailing address! :)