Friday, November 30, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
All the blocks are on point, with corner and side triangles.
The centre was bigger than planned and I had to change my
sashing. That's why it is a single sashing around the centre block, and triple around the other blocks. That way it worked, and it's even more original !
Som hawaian applique, all turned under by hand.
Some bow tie blocks making a secondary pattern, some tumbling blocks.
And a round block.
I will stop here as I have trouble inserting more photos, ... if you really miss the others, send me a message and I will include them in a new post.
I hope you enjoyed this post and will feel encouraged to try a new project, search for different blocks, and challenges.
I have certainly learnt a lot trying to overcome some difficulties, and when I look at it I really feel it was worth the effort.
Oh, and it was all quilted by myself on my sewing machine, with some free machine quilting that doesn't show on the photos.
Friday, November 23, 2007
Surfing on the french web I saw these measuring tapes covered in different fashions. Apparently you can do the shape of a house, or whatever takes your fancy. I wasn't that brave yet, and just covered mine with quilted fabric.
I copied the shape on paper, to become my pattern. And then cut the fabric with seam allowances, and the wadding without seam allowances. Of course everything is stitched by hand.
I think I will do another one for me soon.
The beige one with a flower will be my Christmas present that we exchange in my quilting group. It is a challenge to find something every year as it has to be very cheap, no more than £3.00.
The pink one is for my daughter.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I think the book is "Making vintage bags: 20 Original Sewing Patterns for Vintage Bags and Purses" by Emma Brennan". We just took inspiration from the photo.
Friday, November 09, 2007
I have made some progress on my blocks for the atelier rouge, started by Pascale in France. We have a deadline now of finishing by the middle of December. I am not sure I will make it.
I added the sky with the bird nests and the satellite dish over the houses.
I completely changed another block, just kept the size the same.
Instead of a traditional village, I chose to do an african village. It was fun to do, although I first had to find a design for the house.
I have started working on the central block, the earth.
I have decided to change the blocks left to be done, maybe not all of them though.
So wait and see...